This Basil Lime Chicken Recipe snuck up and surprised us.
The other day I was clicking through recipes on Pinterest… and low and behold, somehow I ended up at this recipe, so I added it to my google menu calendar and went about my way…
Then came the day it was time to fix the recipe I decided to take the “double marinade” concept from this recipe, but use the flavors I know and love and ended up making an entirely different recipe… that the family oh-so LOVED!
So I present to you Basil Lime Chicken..
Zest and juice 2 limes in a medium sized bowl.
Add 2 minced cloves of garlic
3 T Worcestershire Sauce
3 T Dijon Mustard
3 T Olive Oil
3 T Soy Sauce
Then add 3 chopped green onions, salt and pepper.
Cut 3 lbs of chicken breasts into equal size cutlets and place in a gallon sized bag.
Pour marinade into bag and set aside for an hour.
When your chicken is ready, fire up your grill and place your cutlets on your pre-heated grill.
Cook on the grill for 7 minutes and then turn and finish grilling until the chicken reads 170 degrees on a meat thermometer.
Remove from grill and let the meat rest for about five minutes. Meanwhile mix up your second marinade.
Take 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Add 3 chopped onions and the juice and zest of a lime.
Add 2 cloves minced garlic
Then add 2 T Chopped Basil
Whisk it up
Slice your chicken into bite size pieces
Then drizzle the sauce over the top.
Basil Lime Chicken
- 3 Limes juice and zest Divided
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T Dijon Mustard
- 3 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 T Soy Sauce
- 6 Green Onions Chopped Divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced Divided
- 2 T Chopped Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 lbs Chicken Breasts
- Combine the zest and juice of 2 limes, Olive Oil, Mustard, Worcestershire, Soy, 3 onions, 2 garlic cloves salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut chicken into even cutlets and place in a gallon sized baggie.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Place chicken on grill and grill for 7 minutes.
- Then flip and cook until internal temp reaches 170.
- Remove from grill and let meat rest.
- Meanwhile combine juice and zest of one lime with extra virgin olive oil, 3 chopped onions, 2 minced garlic cloves, basil.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and pour sauce over top.