The other day I was clicking through recipes on Pinterest… and low and behold, somehow I ended up at this recipe, so I added it to my google menu calendar and went about my way…
Then came the day it was time to fix the recipe I decided to take the “double marinade” concept from this recipe, but use the flavors I know and love and ended up making an entirely different recipe… that the family oh-so LOVED!
So I present to you Basil Lime Chicken..
Zest and juice 2 limes in a medium sized bowl.
Add 2 minced cloves of garlic
3 T Worcestershire Sauce
3 T Dijon Mustard
3 T Olive Oil
3 T Soy Sauce
Then add 3 chopped green onions, salt and pepper.
Cut 3 lbs of chicken breasts into equal size cutlets and place in a gallon sized bag.
Pour marinade into bag and set aside for an hour.
When your chicken is ready, fire up your grill and place your cutlets on your pre-heated grill.
Cook on the grill for 7 minutes and then turn and finish grilling until the chicken reads 170 degrees on a meat thermometer.
Remove from grill and let the meat rest for about five minutes. Meanwhile mix up your second marinade.
Take 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Add 3 chopped onions and the juice and zest of a lime.
Add 2 cloves minced garlic
Then add 2 T Chopped Basil
Whisk it up
Slice your chicken into bite size pieces
Then drizzle the sauce over the top.
Basil Lime Chicken
- 3 Limes juice and zest Divided
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T Dijon Mustard
- 3 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 T Soy Sauce
- 6 Green Onions Chopped Divided
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced Divided
- 2 T Chopped Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 lbs Chicken Breasts
- Combine the zest and juice of 2 limes, Olive Oil, Mustard, Worcestershire, Soy, 3 onions, 2 garlic cloves salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut chicken into even cutlets and place in a gallon sized baggie.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Place chicken on grill and grill for 7 minutes.
- Then flip and cook until internal temp reaches 170.
- Remove from grill and let meat rest.
- Meanwhile combine juice and zest of one lime with extra virgin olive oil, 3 chopped onions, 2 minced garlic cloves, basil.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and pour sauce over top.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.