My family LOVES pizza…
Would eat it ALL. THE. TIME. if I let
So with Year 2 Change… some of our constant pizza habits had to change a bit…
Note I said some.
We allow ourselves one day a week to eat what we want, so if we REALLY gotta have that Deep Dish Pizza or we want a take out pie, we do it on that day.
Otherwise, we tend to lighten things up with our Mini Whole Wheat Pizzas… but sometimes I forget to make extra crust for the freezer…
THAT is why I LOVE this recipe from Mom’s Very Best Recipes that uses English Muffins…
AND I love the Thomas’ Triple Health English Muffins I found that are low in sodium, high in fiber and only 100 calories.
Changes I made for On the Lighter Side:
- I used the Triple Health English Muffins
- I made them individually using measuring spoons to get exact amounts
- I used 2 % Mozzarella
- I also toasted the muffins before adding toppings and then just broiled instead of baking.
Split and toast desired amount of English Muffins.
Spread 1-2 Tbsp of Pizza Sauce onto each half and top with 1-2 Tblsp of Shredded 2% Mozzarella Cheese.
Broil for 1-3 minutes (watch carefully) or until cheese melts and becomes golden.
100 Calorie English Muffin Pizzas
- 1 English Triple Health English Muffin
- 4 T Pizza Sauce
- 4 T Shredded 2% Mozzarella Cheese
- Split English Muffin and toast.
- Spread sauce on halves to taste. (up to 2 T)
- Sprinkle Cheese on halves to taste (up to 2 T)
- Broil for 2-3 minutes
Recipe NotesCalories 100 Total Fat 2.8g Sat. Fat 1.3g Cholest. 7.5mg Sodium 305mg Carb. 16g Fiber 3.5g Sugars 0.8g Protein 6.5g
Psst… Have you entered to win a copy of this awesome cookbook? Enter and it could be yours!
Note: Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.