Do you love the taste of lasagna but hate the mess and time it takes to put it all together? This Bow-Tie Lasagna is the perfect solution to a lasagna lovers need for speed! It is a quick and easy meal that is perfect to feed a crowd.
The original recipe can be found in Gooseberry Patch’s Garfield…Recipes with Cattitude!
Now the great thing about this recipe is that it is so very versatile. It calls for ground sausage and ground beef, but I chose to just use some ground turkey sausage I had on hand to lighten it up a bit.
I also added a can of mushrooms to the recipe because my family LOVES mushrooms.
If I were making it again, I would definitely add another jar of sauce as we are saucy folks 😉 (Note: extra can has been added to the recipe below)
This is also one of those meals that would be perfect to put half in the freezer for later in the month. I just love a good freezer meal, don’t you?
Well enough about all the things I love about this recipe, and how about the recipe already?
- 2 Cups Dry Bow-Tie Pasta
- 1 lb Ground Turkey Sausage
- ½ Cup Onion- Chopped
- Optional: ¼ Cup Carrots- Finely Chopped, ¼ Cup Green Pepper- Finely Chopped, 1 Jar Mushrooms- Drained
- 2 15 oz Cans of Pizza Sauce
- ½ t Salt
- ⅛ t Garlic Powder
- 8 oz Cottage Cheese
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese
- Boil pasta according to package and drain.
- At the same time brown sausage with veggies until cooked through and veggies are softened.
- Stir in sauce, mushrooms pasta and cottage cheese and mix well.
- Pour into a 2 quart Casserole and top with Cheese
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.