Cheesy Cottage Potatoes
These Cheesy Cottage Potatoes are fantastic twist on traditional scalloped potatoes! Original recipe found in Gooseberry Patch's Foolproof Recipes.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Servings: 8 -10
- 10 Russet Potatoes I used Red Potatoes instead
- 1 Onion- Chopped
- 8 to 12 oz Velveeta I used 12oz to make it cheesier
- 1 Slice Fresh Bread- Torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 oz Pimentos
- 1/2 Cup Butter- Melted and Divided
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Corn Flakes- Crushed
Boil potatoes, cooking until tender- 15-20 minutes.
Drain and cool, then peel. Note: We don't mind skins so I left part of mine on. If they easily came off, I took them off but wasn't too careful.
Cut Potatoes into cubes.
In a bowl, add potatoes to cheese, onion, bread, salt and pimentos and mix well.
Drizzle with 6 Tbsp of the butter and pour into a large casserole dish.
Pour milk evenly over casserole.
Combine crushed cereal and remaining butter and then sprinkle on top of the casserole.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until bubbly and golden.