Well I am back from the land of dial-up:)
The last few days have been an unplugged whirlwind full of food, family and fun… Oh and Black Friday and Gray Saturday shopping 😉
I am recovering nicely from my shopping regimen as well as my blog, computer AND CAMERA withdrawals.
YES, I said camera. Imagine my HORROR when I realized an hour into my drive to Thanksgiving Dinner that I–Mrs. Shutterbug– FORGOT my Nikon at HOME!!! I seriously felt ill.
I spent the next 20 minutes trying to determine if I could convince Puddie to go back and get it. But, considering that we still had to make all of our dishes when we got there, I figured the fam (including Puddie) would likely frown upon such a thing.
So I took a deep breath and told myself to pull my big girl panties up and get over it. After all, the holidays are about much more than RAW SLR images : /
I was captivated.
But that was nothin’ compared to watchin’ her enjoy them herself (and snappin’ a few pics myself with the Kodak) 🙂
And while we had a fantastic time and the sky did not fall due to a forgotten Nikon–you better bet your sweet bippy that a certain SLR will be padlocked around my neck come Christmas time 🙂
For all you foodies out there:
Mama’s Yeast Rolls
1 pkg Dry Yeast
1/4 cup Water
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Oil
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (divided)
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water (set aside)
- Scold 1 cup milk (make sure to apologize afterward 😉 )
- Mix milk with 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp salt and heat until lukewarm
- In a large bowl, combine liquid with 1 1/2 cup flour. Then add an additional 1 cup of flour to form soft dough
- Place in a small greased bowl. Turn once to grease surface
- Sit in warm place and let double (about 1 1/2 hr)
- Roll out to 3/4 inch thick and use a glass to cut rolls
- Place in a pan and set aside. Let them double in size
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes
- Top with butter
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.