Are you trying to decide on a Disney Resort at Walt Disney World? Are you wondering what the differences between the Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts are besides the price? In this post we will discuss the differences to keep an eye out for, how to research resorts you are considering and the resorts we have visited.
As I have said before, all Disney resorts are not created equal. Even the divisions of Value, Moderate and Deluxe do not always guarantee a similar experience at a similar rated resort. If you would like a break down of the benefits and disadvantages to each of the resorts I highly recommend this post from WDW Prep School.
Some things to keep an eye out for if they are important to you:
- Price – Value Resorts are rather reasonable when compared to off site hotels. All the resort-only perks but not the added price.
- Room Size- Varies considerably.
- Bed Size – Value Resorts (and even some Moderates) are notorious for Double Beds. If queen beds are important to you, definitely ask about this one.
- Location- Where in the “World” are you? Are you close to your favorite park(s)? How far do you have to walk in your resort from bus stops, pools, restaurants? Can you see the fireworks from your hotel?
- Themed Rooms- From Princess Rooms to Pirate Ships to Little Mermaid Suites, if special rooms are of interest, you need to check to see what your resorts offer the rooms you are interested in.
- Restaurants- What restaurants are close to or inside your resort?
- Pool- Moderate and Deluxe Resorts are known for their amazing pools and water features. Value resorts have great pools, but Moderate and Deluxe have themed water slides, water features and almost a water park feel.
- Transportation- Some resorts have dedicated buses, others are shared with other resorts. Some resorts are within walking distance, others are miles away. Some offer water transportation or a monorail to your favorite park. You may want to know how your resort stacks up.
- WiFi Quality- This is again, not equal across all resorts.
- The Extras- From water sports to bike rentals, carriage rides and special activities for the kids, check out the extras of the resorts you are considering.
Whew… that is a lot to manage, huh? That is why
this broken record I highly recommend working with a free Disney Travel Agent who can help you identify the resorts that meet your financial needs and your personal preferences.
Researching Your Resort
After you have your choices narrowed down to two or three, I like to go beyond Disney’s basic information and find what others have to say about the resorts I am looking into.
I have a very scientific method 😉
I google them.
I look for posts from bloggers, images, message boards and –if they have one– their Unofficial Fan Site, all of which always have had way more detail than any official site.
Here is just a smidgen of research on the resorts we have stayed at or plan to stay at in the near future.
Caribbean Beach (Visiting Soon)
Our Favorite Resort… So Far
To date, our favorite resort has been Coronado Springs.
From the pool to the layout of the resort, we loved it. We appreciated the great internet access and that Queen beds came standard.
It was not as heavily “Disney” themed as other resorts, but it didn’t dampen our spirits any. We appreciated the comfortable room size and nice interior.
We just loved it all round and very much want to go back.
Our second favorite would have to be Port Orleans- Riverside.
We upgraded to a Royal Room that year and while it was amazing, I have to say I regretted spending the extra money on a special room that we spent little time in.
The grounds, however, were immaculate and breath-taking. And, to be fair, Miss Add broke her leg before going to this resort, so the pool here– which is supposed to be terrific– is not factored into our experience.
Do you have a favorite resort? Why is it your favorite? Do share!
This post is a part of our Disney Planning Series to stay tuned for more great tips and information.
- Part 1: Lodging (Onsite or Off and Choosing a Disney Resort)
- Part 2: The Parks (When to Visit and Which Park Which Day)
- Part 3: Top 5 Parks Tips
- Part 4: The Parks ~ Fireworks & Parades
- Part 5: Food Options
- Part 6: Characters
- Part 7: Our Favorite Places
- Part 8: Transportation Options
- Part 9: The “Extras”
- Part 10: Apps We Love
Next up is how we choose when to visit Disney. Do you have a tried and true method?
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.