Are you looking for a new fall dessert that will have everyone asking for the recipe? This Pumpkin Skillet Cobbler is literally fall in a skillet and a huge family favorite this time of year.
I have a problem.
A cobbler problem.
We have made the Dark Cherry Mini Cobblers (the ones that started it all) and we have done regular cherry in a skillet… and more recently I made a DEEEE-LICIOUS Chocolate Cherry Cobbler (recipe coming soon) the other day… (See I told you I have a cobbler problem!)
Pumpkin Skillet Cobbler
Tonight… I must confess that I broke the mold. I have been day dreaming about this recipe and it turned out better than I imagined.
I whipped up all the ingredients, put in a pinch of hope and threw it all into a 12 inch Iron Skillet and watched the clock wondering if it was all going to be for not…
But you guys… it was fantastic!
WE loved the piping hot pumpkiny goodEness ( 😉 ) hot from the oven. Puddie (the Hubs) said the only thing that would have made it better would have been a scoop of ice cream.
Truly– this is a must try for all you pumpkin lovers out there. But be careful folks… this cobbler, it will start making itself in all kinds of flavors and you will not be able to stop. You have been warned.
- 1 Stick Butter (1/2 Cup)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 (28 oz) Can Pumpkin Pie Filling or Mix (NOTE: Not just plain pumpkin)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in an oven safe skillet OR melt butter and pour into a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients except the pumpkin pie filling.
- Pour batter into skillet (or dish) over top of butter-- do not mix.
- Spoon pumpkin pie filling on top of the batter-- do not mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cobbler is set and golden.
- Serve warm.
Looking for more pumpkin flavored fun? (Click on the images below to go to the recipes.)
Happy (almost) fall ya’ll!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.