Are you looking for a green smoothie that is full of nutrients but still tastes really great? This Peanut Butter Green Smoothie tastes more like a peanut butter shake than a spinach based smoothie!
Note: We use affiliate links to products we love.
Truth be told, Mikey should be writing this but I am filling in because we are late getting this recipe up on our YouTube channel (are you a subscriber?!?) and he had to go to his day job. So, I am filling in- but this is totally one of his favorite recipes. Check out his video below.
Now I have to admit it took me a LONG time to taste his green creation. I had a hard time believing that it didn’t taste like spinach. BUT when Mikey finally got me to try it, I was shocked that it tasted like peanut butter- not spinach. I even started using spinach in my strawberry-banana smoothies– again with no spinach taste.
Peanut Butter Green Smoothie Recipe Notes
- Feel free to alter this recipe to meet your needs and preferences.
- This recipe makes about 32 ounces, so you can split it into however many servings you would like.
- We have made this with creamy peanut butter and also with PB2.
- We love using our new BlendTec Blender (yay Black Friday sale!) to make this smoothie extra smooth and frothy!
- 3 cups (one big handful) spinach
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored whey protein powder
- 1 handful of ice
- 1 cup of cold water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. (We LOVE using our BlendTec blender to make this smoothie very smooth and frothy.)
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.