Have you ever had Sloppy Joe Chicken? (I had never even heard of it before!) Well, ladies and gentlemen, you get some amazing chicken AND convenience with this Crock Pot Freezer Packs: Sloppy Joe Chicken. Oh. My. Yum.
Aunt Lou here.
The count down is on…quite literally…in our house. Miss Iyla is scheduled to make her appearance in ten days, so this Momma is filling up her freezer with some of our favorite recipes. I love that I can grab a bag from our freezer, throw it in our crock pot and not have to worry about if the day has gotten away from me making it so we will be eating at 9 or 10 o’clock at night….not that I have EVER fed my family that late. Oh no…not me. I am always prepared for everything and my kid is in bed nice and early every night. 😉
I made this Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe Chicken last month, and we LOVED it! I also loved how easy the recipe was, BUT why not make it even easier by making it into a freezer pack! This way I don’t even have to worry about dirtying up a measuring cup or spoon! Sounds perfect on a normal day, let alone when I have a newborn and rambunctious toddler!
Crock Pot Freezer Packs: Sloppy Joe Chicken
Note: I bought a pack of chicken that had six chicken breasts in it. Yes, it cost me $10, which is literally painful because I am so cheap, but this makes TWO freezer packs!
Label your bags with your recipe and date. (Some of my packs look really similar, so this just takes the guessing out of the equation.)
Mix together half of your Red Gold tomato sauce, 1 Sloppy Joe seasoning packet and half of your honey.
Pour this mixture into on bag.
Repeat using the rest of your mixture ingredients and pour into your second bag.
Place three chicken breasts in each bag and close (make sure you squeeze out all the air).
Lay flat in your freezer.
When you are ready to make, place contents of freezer pack in your crock pot on low for 8-10 hours.
Serve on buns or over a bed of rice.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 12-oz cans of Red Gold tomato sauce, divided
- 2 1-1/2 oz packets of Sloppy Joe seasoning, divided
- 4 T honey, divided
- Mix together half of your Red Gold tomato sauce, 1 Sloppy Joe seasoning packet and half of your honey.
- Pour this mixture into one bag.
- Repeat using the rest of your mixture ingredients and pour into your second bag.
- Place three chicken breasts in each bag and close (make sure you squeeze out all the air).
- Lay flat in your freezer to freeze.
- When you are ready to make, place contents of freezer pack in your crock pot, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve on buns or over a bed of rice.
I'm the wife of Michael and momma of a preschooler and toddler just walking through this life step by step focusing on enjoying the little things in life. I am in awe of the many blessings big and small I receive daily from a pretty amazing God who calls me His own. Sometimes life is crazy and messy, but I am loving every minute of it. Welcome to my chaos.