Are you looking for a delicious velvety chicken soup with rice, mushrooms and veggies? This recipe for Chicken and Rice Harvest Soup is a perfect dish to warm up to this fall and winter.
Hey y’all, GOODe Ole Boy here!
Fall is definitely all around us. The ground is covered in leaves, the air is cool and crisp, and…it’s raining outside. Yuppers folks, some autumn days aren’t as pretty as the others. Today was that kind of day. It was cold and the rain was soaking everything. This makes for a day when all you wanna do is curl up in a blanket and eat soup.
Chicken and Rice Harvest Soup
I love everything chicken and everything soup. So today I invented something I bet no one has ever DREAMED of creating. CHICKEN SOUP! Okay, okay, I know I kind of reinvented the wheel here but stay with me. This chicken and rice harvest soup is SO GOODe! It’s velvety and warm and it’s full of great flavors and textures to keep anyone happy on a rainy Fall day.
- 32 ounce carton of chicken broth
- 1 10 ounce can cream of chicken and mushroom soup
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb chicken (I used 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 4 ribs chopped celery hearts
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1½ cups sliced carrots
- 1 package sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 cup long grain rice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring broth, cream of chicken & mushroom soup and water to a boil.
- Add chicken and bring down to a simmer for 1 hour until chicken is tender.
- Then remove chicken and set aside to cool. Add celery, onions, garlic and mushrooms to broth and simmer until celery is softened.
- Then add carrots and rice. Let simmer for 20 minutes. While soup is simmering, chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Finally add chicken to soup and enjoy.
I did a poll with Miss Add and had her rate this soup from one to five stars. She gave it a thousand stars, her words not mine. It was the best soup I’ve made this far. I have a feelin’ Cris may have me making some more soup real soon!
Looking for more soups?
- 30 Soup, Stew and Chili Recipes
- Pesto Tomato Soup
- Ham and Bean Soup
- 8 Can Soup
- 29 Tried and True Crock Pot Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Crock Pot Potato Bacon Soup
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Puddie aka GOODe Ole Boy
God Fearin', Kid Rearin', Beer Drinkin', Guitar Playin', Momma Lovin' Redneck livin' in the sticks of Indiana and blogging over at GOODeOleBoy.com. Come on over for a visit, but make sure ya bring yer sense of humor!