Are you looking for a quick and easy hot breakfast that kids and adults a like will love? This Breakfast Pizza recipe is not only delicious, it is also under 300 calories for a hefty slice and everyone in my house LOVES it. This recipe is definitely a keeper in this house.
I lightened up the very yummy “Busy-Morning Breakfast Pizza” by LaShelle Brown 0f Mulvane, KS in Gooseberry Patch’s brand new cookbook, Game-Day Fan Fare (affiliate link*), for my On the Lighter Side Series.
By the way, have you entered my giveaway of this fun cookbook? Go ahead now, I’ll wait 😉
The Making of a Breakfast Pizza
It should come as no shock to regular readers that I would choose a Breakfast Pizza Recipe out of the pages of this new cookbook 😉 We do love our pizzas around here. Deep Dish, Broiled, Hawaiian, English Muffin, Whole Wheat, etc. etc. etc.
So, adding this Breakfast Pizza to the mix was a natural progression of my obsession as you can see. I love how easy this came together. The crescent roll crust pressed right into my pan and in no time I had the toppings on and in the oven.
The whole time I was kicking myself wondering why we hadn’t done this before? It is the perfect hot breakfast all in one pan.
How did I lighten it up?
The original recipe calls for a crescent roll crust, ground sausage, 5 eggs, milk, hashbrowns and cheddar cheese. I lightened things right up with a few simple substitutions.
- I used reduced fat crescent rolls.
- I used egg beaters and skim milk instead of whole eggs and milk.
- I used a package of Hearty Turkey Sausage Crumbles instead of a 1lb of regular sausage.
- I used 2 % shredded cheddar instead of regular.
- 2 Tubes Crescent Rolls
- 1 Package Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1 Cup Shredded Hashbrowns
- 1¼ Cup Egg Beaters
- ¼ Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Cup 2% Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Unroll crescent rolls and press their seams together and into a 15 x 10 pan to create a crust. Sprinkle sausage, hashbrowns and cheese over top of the crust.
- Combine eggs and milk and then pour evenly over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is golden and center is set.
Linked up to:
What are affiliate links? When you click an affiliate link on this site, amazon pays me a small commission on what you purchase without costing you anything additional. It is an easy way for you to help support GOODEness Gracious with a simple click of a button.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.