Are you looking for a delicious side to serve up with your favorite Mexican inspired dishes? This Easy Salsa Recipe is a flavorful homemade alternative to the jar!
Cris here. When I saw this Easy Salsa Recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s Fresh & Easy Family Meals I KNEW it would be the perfect side to all my favorite Mexican Inspired Dishes. This dish was so easy to throw together that Mikey had to make a video.
Easy Salsa Recipe Notes:
Miss Add surprised us ALL when she declared that she LOVED this salsa so much she didn’t mind the biting heat of the red onion. Now mind you, if you don’t change your mind on a dime like my eight year old, and you aren’t a fan of spicy foods, you may want to reduce the red onion a bit and skip the jalapeno like we did ;).
We also reduced the cilantro for our tastes.
Feel free to substitute for your favorite flavors. Black beans can be switched for great northern or pinto beans.
Serves: 14 servings
- 3 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 11 oz can sweet corn and diced peppers, drained
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Optional: hot pepper sauce to taste
- Drain only 2 of your 3 cans of tomatoes and pour your 2 drained cans and 1 undrained can into a larger bowl
- Add in everything else except for your salt and hot sauce and mix together until well combined
- Sprinkle on your salt and a few drops of your hot pepper sauce (if you want hot pepper sauce)
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.