I CANNOT wait to have this Open Faced Ham Bagel with a big-ole fresh Indiana tomato this summer… it was made for it.
You can find the original recipe for this yummy quick lunch treat in Mom’s Very Best Recipes.
Psst… have you entered to win a copy of this awesome cookbook?
What did I do to lighten this recipe up for On the Lighter Side?
- We used Bagel Thins instead of regular bagels. A huge calorie saver.
- We used 2 % Shredded Cheddar.
- We chose to use a deli ham that was about 60 calories per serving and low in fat.
- We used half Miracle Whip Light and half plain Greek Yogurt instead of mayo.
Then we just mixed everything up and topped the bagel thins and popped them in the broiler. Easy peasy.
Check out the altered recipe below.
- 8 oz Deli Ham- Chopped
- ½ Cup Light Miracle Whip
- ½ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup 2% Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Green Onion- Chopped
- 4 Everything Bagel Thins
- Combine all ingredients except bagels.
- Spread mixture on bagel thin halves and place on a broiler pan.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes until hot and bubbly
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.