One of those just happens to be sherry, mushrooms and pork…
And did I mention in a crockpot?
I think I love this simple recipe because it enables my obsession to take a cut of meat and prepare it multiple ways.
Truth be told, this particular half pork loin was made into three dishes to be exact.
In addition to this dish, this half loin made…
I reserved a third of the half loin (oh lordie the math involved) for the Biscuits and Gravy (perfect for breakfast OR dinner) and used my crockpot to cook up the remainder to split between the sandwiches and the Mushroom Sherry dish.
I lined my crockpot, then placed the loin in fat side up.
But since I like a little versatility, I just cooked up the loin by itself and heated the “sauce” up in a sauce pan and drizzled over the top…
Ya know, I like living life on the edge like that 😉
Regardless how ya make it, here is what you need…
You might need to go to a gourmet grocer for this…
If you are adding it to the crockpot that is it…
If you are heating it up after the fact, go on and add 1/2 cup of the drippings from the loin to the saucepan.
Three very different meals from one cut of meat. Mommy score!
- Pork Loin
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ Cup Sherry
- *Add ½ Cup Drippings if making sauce after loin cooks
- Place loin in lined crockpot.
- Season with Seasoned Salt and Pepper
- Add remaining ingredients if desired or prepare sauce after loin cooks.
- Cook on High for 6 hrs.
- If making sauce after the loin cooks, heat soup, sherry and drippings in a saucepan until heated through.
- Slice loin and drizzle sauce over top
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.