In my quest to tidy up GOODEness Gracious and make it easier to find things, I am going to work on getting FREEZE-O-RAMA tips, tricks and recipes all in one place. Much like I did my recipes the other day.
Coming off a season of canning and preserving the summer’s harvest, I am ready to kick FREEZE-O-RAMA back into drive this week to reap its delicious (and housework) rewards! I totally heart OAMC or Once A Month Cooking.
(Psst… Side note: If you want some fabulous canning tips, check out my pals Ott, A and Jen… canning extraordinaries)
So, I thought I’d start off by posting tonight about why I freeze… or chill baby and why YOU can too 😉
- It isn’t as scary as people think it is…promise.
- Truth be told, it is super easy… WAY easier than cooking ever night (but not as easy as chicken nuggets and easy mac… just sayin 😉 )
- I love having a variety wholesome meal choices at my fingertips.
- I love having those meals with half of the work–including doing dishes ONCE a month!
- I try new recipes far more often when I plan a FREEZE-O-RAMA and therefore find all kinds of new family favorites!
- Did I mention I only do dishes/cooking clean-up once a month?!?
- You can do as little or as much as you want… and you can freeze portions anyway you want… Family size, 1/2 portions, individual portions. I have tons of recipes I used to shy away from because they were more “potluck” style and I didn’t want to have a 9×13 pan of a side dish. Now, we can have our “cake” and eat it in multiple portions too 😉
- You can make your non-freezer meals easier to make by freezing chopped veggies, marinades or seasoned ground beef and shaving minutes to hours off of prep time.
- It gives my family a taste of mama even if I am away on business.
- I save TONS on groceries by buying my meat in bulk from Aldis and planning my recipes and ingredients around what is on sale or already in my pantry.
- I spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family during dinner time.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.